08 September 2013

Most Popular Quotations on MOTHER With Video

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. -Tenneva Jordan

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. -Mildred B. Vermont

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. -Peter De Vries

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. -Jane Sellman

Mother -The Deity

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. -Abraham Lincoln

Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. -Pearl S. Buck

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. -Honoré de Balzac

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. -Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. -Spanish Proverb

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along. -Margaret Culkin Banning

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. -Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. -Meryl Streep

In all my efforts to learn to read, my mother shared fully my ambition and sympathized with me and aided me in every way she could. If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother. -Booker T. Washington

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. -Lisa Alther

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing. -Toni Morrison, Beloved

A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. -Honoré de Balzac

With what price we pay for the glory of motherhood. -Isadora Duncan

Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. -Erich Fromm

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not. -James Joyce

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. -Oprah Winfrey

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. -Mark Twain

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. -George Washington

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks to my mother, not a single cardboard box has found its way back into society. We receive gifts in boxes from stores that went out of business twenty years ago. -Erma Bombeck

When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway. -Erma Bombeck

Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face. -George Eliot

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. -Ambrose Bierce

If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. -Ferrell Sims

Motherhood is neither a duty nor a privilege, but simply the way that humanity can satisfy the desire for physical immortality and triumph over the fear of death. -Rebecca West

The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant—and let the air out of the tires. -Dorothy Parker

No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement. -Florida Scott-Maxwell

The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent. -Erich Fromm

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. -Jill Churchill

Mothers are all slightly insane. -J.D. Salinger

I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them. -Phyllis Diller

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. -Mildred B. Vermont

When I stopped seeing my mother with the eyes of a child, I saw the woman who helped me give birth to myself. -Nancy Friday

Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground. -Zora Neale Hurston

Time is the only comforter for the loss of a mother. -Jane Welsh Carlyle

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. -Dorothy Canfield Fisher

A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking. -Helen Rice

A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's. -Diana, Princess of Wales

By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class. -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of children. -William Makepeace Thackeray

 Whenever I'm with my mother, I feel as though I have to spend the whole time avoiding land mines. -Amy Tan, The Kitchen God's Wife

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much. -Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom. -H.W. Beecher

The hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world.

Gsv Pics | Gsv Vids | Techno zip | Divine-Thought | For The Sake of Us | Gsv Films

No comments:

Post a Comment

For The Sake of Us - Feedback